Meet Your Protagonist
Hey guys! My name’s Carli! Welcome to my lil corner of the internet! I’ve been wanting to commit to starting a blog since my senior year of college (so over 4 years now; I graduated in 2015). In those years, I’ve started and deleted many iterations of a blog. Now… I like where I’m at and this time I’m ready to give it my all. What it comes down to is wanting a creative outlet to talk about film + TV entertainment and to document my daily life. If I just so happen to inspire others in the process, then my whole life would be made.
I’m in my late 20s, and ever since I could remember, I’ve been in love with the movies. I earned my Bachelor’s in MultiMedia Video + Film Production from the University of North Florida, which only strengthened that love. I remember my first movie theater experience — The Lion King in 1994. I was 2. My mom was hella pregnant with my little brother, and yet, still put up with me enough to take me to what’s easily a classic film in the eyes of most of us now. My mom occasionally likes to remind me that she had to take me out of the theater when Mufasa died in that stampede because it scared tf out of me. (Still does 25 years later).
If I’m not at the movie theater catching the latest superhero film (another one of my favorites — Marvel Comics and Comic Book Movies), then you’ll most likely find me in a bookstore or coffee shop, consuming the latest from Collider.com and all of their sister channels.
Some of my hobbies include: bullet journaling enough to convince myself that I have my life together, binging JennaMarbles’ and Shane Dawson’s content on YouTube until the sun goes down, consuming daily news via all of Philip DeFranco’s various outlets, and rewatching endless episodes of Criminal Minds on Netflix (while occasionally ogling over Matthew Gray Gubler in the process).
If you like what you read, feel free to stick around. You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, or Snapchat. My username for all of those socials is @carlipetow.
Aspires to be: 1/2 Jennifer Walters, 1/2 Diana Prince
Can’t Live Without: A red tube of lipstick
Dream Collaboration: Film studio A24.
A Few of my Favorite Things:
- Favorite Food: Sushi
- Favorite Drink: Iced Coffee, naturally (no matter the weather). But I never say no to a lemon or an orange La Croix.
- Favorite Movie: Easy Rider
- Favorite Television Show: Schitt’s Creek, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Stranger Things, and Big Little Lies.
- Favorite Musicians: Bruce Springsteen, ELO, Alabama Shakes
- Favorite Sports Teams: Boston Red Sox, Washington Redskins
- Favorite Vine: Anthony Padilla’s “Two Bros Chillin in a Hot Tub” vine
- Other Favorite Things: Photography, Video Games, making movies, spending too much money on Amazon, and snuggling with my 2 dogs, Libby and Brody (they have their own instagram account, too — @libbynbrody_thegsps).
Carli’s Go To’s:
- Go-To Jam: “Tempo” by Lizzo (or really anything by Lizzo)
- Go-To Starbucks Order: Iced Coffee/Americano/Cold Brew with Caramel and Almond milk; or Iced Matcha Latte with Sugar-Free Vanilla and Almond Milk.
- Go-To Starter Pokémon: Charmander… (because Charizard’s the shit.)
- Go-To Super Smash Bros. Character: Captain Falcon, obviously. (*falcon punch*)
- Go-To Feel Good Movie (to watch on a bad day): Nacho Libre or Fever Pitch (the Jimmy Fallon movie about the ’04 Red Sox)
- Go-To Television Show to Binge: CSI: NY, Criminal Minds, or That 70’s Show.